Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a one fantastic version of the classic Brunch drink, the Bloody Mary! You have to love spicy to try this though....DO NOT attempt if you do not like hot peppers!!!! Oh, it's sooo good. I always add pickled okra to these Cajun Mary's!! The recipe is for 4 drinks. The mix keeps well in the fridge for several weeks (leave vodka and garnish out of course).
- 1 quart tomato cocktail juice (V8)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peppar vodka (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon cajun spices
- 4 pickled jalapeno peppers, whole
- 4 large peeled boiled shrimp (optional)
- Put all ingredients except garnish in pitcher and stir well. Adjust seasonings to taste. This should be very spicy!
- Run the jalapeno garnish around the rim of the glass and dip in Cajun spice mix or Old Bay seasoning. Add jalapeno to your drink. If you like, you can add pickled okra, pickled green beans, a celery stalk, boiled shrimp, crawdads, lemon slice, lime slice, carrot stick, or anything else you desire.