Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you prefer, tomato juice can be substituted for the Clamato juice. Marinate steaks for at least 4 hours.
- 1 cup Clamato juice
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) beef flank steak, fat trimmed
- 4 large red onions, cut crosswise into 3/4-in .-thick slices
- In a bowl, whisk together tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt, horseradish, and celery seed.
- Add flank steak and red onions to marinade and chill at least 4 hours and up to 16 hours.
- Prepare a hot charcoal or gas grill. Grill steak and onions, turning once and basting halfway through cooking, until onions are browned (6 to 8 minutes) and meat is done the way you like it, 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (cut to test).
This is very similar to Guy Fieri's Bloody Mary Flank Steak except V-8 is used instead of Clamato. Bloody Mary flavors on steak are out of this world! I look forward to trying your version-I love Clamato juice!