Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, New Orleans, LA
Top Review by Sunflower
I made this for my husband and his best friend at their request. If was pitiful. I have never seen such carrying on over a drink. Needless to say, they loved it. My husband did let me have a sip but that was all. Tasted like a very spicy and tangy tomato based drink. They said it was a man's drink. I don't know about that but they sure did enjoy it. Thanks.
- 6 ounces tomato juice
- 4 ounces beef bouillon
- 2 1⁄2 ounces vodka
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (Emeril Lagasse's Essence)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- celery rib
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl or pitcher, combine tomato juice, bouillon, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, Essence, celery salt, lime juice and lemon juice and stir to blend well.
- Divide the mixture between two highball glasses containing ice, and garnish with black pepper and celery stick.