Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, New Orleans, LA
- 6 ounces tomato juice
- 4 ounces beef bouillon
- 2 1⁄2 ounces vodka
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (Emeril Lagasse's Essence)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- celery rib
- In a small bowl or pitcher, combine tomato juice, bouillon, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, Essence, celery salt, lime juice and lemon juice and stir to blend well.
- Divide the mixture between two highball glasses containing ice, and garnish with black pepper and celery stick.
I made this for my husband and his best friend at their request. If was pitiful. I have never seen such carrying on over a drink. Needless to say, they loved it. My husband did let me have a sip but that was all. Tasted like a very spicy and tangy tomato based drink. They said it was a man's drink. I don't know about that but they sure did enjoy it. Thanks.
I am a big fan of bloody marys...and have had beef bouillon in some. I really like that taste. Very good zing to this drink. Thanks for posting!!
This is one kickin' drink you've got here. Very spicy and tanked up as my husband says. It was enjoyed by all the adults but especially by the men. I think Bloody Mary is going to have a run for her money now that we have tried this. Thanks.