Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
This salad contains only the ingredients that contribute to lowering blood sugar, making it a perfect dish to start a meal. Please do not immerse onion slices in water because its blood sugar lowering effect will be lost. For more healthy, gluten-free, low-GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 grapefruit
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1⁄8 onion, sliced and chopped (large)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, place diced avocado and lime juice and mix well in order to avoid oxidation.
- Remove the skin of grapefruit using a knife and section the meat. Catch the dripping juice in a bowl while doing this. Use the juice and a half of grapefruit sections for something else.
- Cut the grapefruit sections in half and add them to the avocado along with blueberries and onion.
- In a small bowl, mix apple cider vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to make dressing.
- Add this dressing to the salad and mix.
- Infuse love and serve!