Recipe by peggydamaris
This is a good intermezzo and a nice easy dessert.
Top Review by Maito
Delicious rich flavor! I added a squeeze of lemon and substituted half of the sugar as corn syrup to try to prevent it from freezing up hard the next day. It didn't really work, so I would suggest eating it all the night you make it, or stirring it in the freezer every half an hour, until completely frozen. Making the juice is a bit of a mess, but the flavor is really outstanding!
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water and sugar to a simmer.
- Simmer for two minutes to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Stir in juice and taste for sweetness.
- Make the sorbetto according to the manufacturer's instructions for your ice cream maker, or pour the mixture into a shallow dish and place in the freezer for one hour. Break ice particles with a fork every hour until a smooth, frozen consistency is achieved.