Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Any good quality fruity red wine will work in this recipe. Combine a pinot noir and Beaujolais for a good taste. You can also substitute navel oranges for blood oranges if needed. This recipe is from Cooking Light.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2⁄3 cup triple sec
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 seedless blood oranges, each cut into 16 wedges
- 2 (750 ml) bottles red wine, fruity
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 inches each
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir until sugar dissolves. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Discard cloves and cinnamon sticks. Pour sangria into individual glasses, including the fruit.