Recipe by Kermit in Huntsville
This is a lovely light lunch or dinner entree. You could also serve over pasta or rice.
- 12 stalks asparagus (trim ends and leave whole)
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper (small dice)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (small dice)
- 1⁄4 cup fennel (small dice)
- 1 blood orange (sectioned)
- 1 blood orange (Juice only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake salmon with S&P in a 400F oven 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Steam asparagus till bright green and still firm.
- Saute the red pepper, red onion & fennel till crisp tender.
- Peel & section the orange.
- Juice the other orange.
- Place the warm asparagus on plate.
- Place the salmon on top of the asparagus.
- Place the sauteed red pepper, red onion and fennel on top of the salmon.
- Place orange sections on top.
- Pour orange juice over top to taste.