Recipe by jenpalombi
from Gourmet Magazine, December 2006. I recommend prosecco (a sparkling Italian wine) but 'zaar doesn't recognize it... and of course, any champagne will do nicely!
- 3 cups fresh blood orange juice (from about 10 oranges)
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier or 1⁄3 cup other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne, chilled well
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together juice, liqueur, and sugar in a 2-quart pitcher until sugar is dissolved.
- Chill until cold, about 1 hour.
- Slowly pour in Prosecco, stirring to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: Juice mixture, without Prosecco, can be chilled, covered, up to 1 day. Stir in Prosecco just before serving.