Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Vibrant Take on the Classic Martini
- 125 ml blood orange juice
- 250 ml chilled vodka
- 180 ml chilled Cointreau liqueur
- 80 ml fresh lime juice
- 24 ice cubes
- 1 slice blood orange (to garnish)
- Before starting, place martini glasses in freezer to chill.
- Combine all ingredients in cocktail shaker.
- Shake till mixture is very cold.
- Strain into frozen martini glasses.
- Garnish with orange slices.
Delightful cocktail. I couldn't find blood orange juice so I fresh squeezed a few blood oranges and still didn't have enough juice to make our drinks. So I topped it off with regular orange juice which I don't think changed the flavor that much. It was delicious anyway, and I can't wait to make this when I can find more blood oranges again. I think the lime juice really blends together well with the other citrus products and "made" this drink. Thank you for sharing your recipe, katew. Made for ZWT8 - Spain/Portugal.
Maybe not a fair review because I thought it was too tart without sugar. I added one cup of simple syrup to the recipe and it was delicious. Perhaps my brand of blood orange juice wasn't sweet enough.
Yummers! This was delicious, quite tart but nicely balanced. I used fresh squeezed blood orange juice, and cut back on the alchohol just a little bit (I used Triple Sec in place of the Cointreau). Now I need to find a less expensive source for blood oranges so I can serve them often! Made for Best of 2010 Tag.