Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great twist on the traditional margarita and a win at parties.
- 1 quart blood orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cointreau liqueur or 1 1⁄2 cups triple sec
- 3 1⁄2 cups silver tequila
- 1 blood orange (or normal orange)
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- Mix the Blood Orange Juice, Lime Juice, Cointreau and Tequila together in a large pitcher.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until chilled.
- Moisten the rim of the margarita glasses with a wedge of orange (oranges are fine if you are unable to locate blood oranges) and dip in the salt.
- Add ice to the pitcher, shake the mixture and strain into the salted margarita glasses. Garnish each with a slice of blood orange.
- Leftovers? Freeze and blend at a later celebration!