Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you are lucky enough to get blood oranges in your area, this is a beautiful, delicious margarita.
- 2 ounces blood orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1⁄2 ounce simple syrup (1 part sugar, 1 part water)
- lime juice, a splash
- blood orange wedge, for garnish
- Add the first 5 ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled margarita glass filled with ice cubes.
- To serve a frozen version—combine the first 5 ingredients with ¾ cup crushed ice in a blender; blend until smooth; pour into a margarita glass.
- Garnish with a blood orange wedge.
Sooooo refreshing! I didn't change a thing, which is rare for me. As Jimmy Buffett says, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere! (5:03 pm here actually! LOL Thanks for posting rather.