Recipe by Suzanne S.
Used this a part of a holiday brunch. It was a great with the very rich stradas that we served. It also makes a beautiful dish....from Epicurious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 pink grapefruit
- 3 blood oranges or 1 1⁄2 navel oranges
- 1 pomegranate
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring white wine, Sherry, honey, and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer syrup to a heatproof bowl and chill until cold.
- Cut peel and pith from grapefruits and oranges and cut fruit into sections, discarding membranes.
- Halve pomegranate and squeeze gently to yield seeds with juice.
- Divide citrus sections, pomegranate seeds and juice, and wine syrup among 6 dessert bowls and chill, covered, at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Stir compote before serving.