Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Chef Ben of Cooking with the Single Guy.
- 4 golden beets
- 2 blood oranges (save juice)
- 2 cups watercress
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place beets in a roasting pan and coat with olive oil and coarse salt and pepper. Roast in oven until fork tender, about 1 hour. Remove and let cool. Then remove the skin on each beet and cut into quarters.
- Section the blood oranges, and and squeeze out remaining juice into a small bowl. Set orange slices aside. In bowl with juice, add sugar, mustard, olive oil and a pinch of salt and mix well for dressing.
- Toss watercress and beets in dressing. Plate and add orange slices and goat cheese crumbs. Serve immediately.
Great salad! Two of my favorites--roasted beets and blood oranges--in an excellent combination. I did sub some Point Reyes Bleu for the goat cheese, but otherwise made as stated. Thanks, Amanda!