Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Untried by me; posted in response to a request for fennel recipes :-)
Make and share this Blood Orange and Fennel Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 blood oranges (use navel oranges if blood oranges are out-of-season)
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Use a sharp knife to remove orange peel.
- Cut oranges into segments, removing all the white pith.
- Slice end from fennel and remove shoots from top (reserve shoots).
- If exterior of fennel bulb is marred or discoloured, peel with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut in half and thinly slice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; then whisk in oil.
- Arrange fennel slices and orange segments on individual serving dishes.
- Drizzle dressing over salads and garnish with reserved fennel fronds.
I love this recipe. Perfect spring salad. I used champaine vinager and a bit more salt. Nice crunch and sweet and tangy. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Saw Jamie oliver do this one on TV. Forgot the recipe. and found it here. Nice one. Good with BBQ/Grill etc.