Untried by me; posted in response to a request for fennel recipes :-)
Make and share this Blood Orange and Fennel Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Use a sharp knife to remove orange peel.
- Cut oranges into segments, removing all the white pith.
- Slice end from fennel and remove shoots from top (reserve shoots).
- If exterior of fennel bulb is marred or discoloured, peel with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut in half and thinly slice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; then whisk in oil.
- Arrange fennel slices and orange segments on individual serving dishes.
- Drizzle dressing over salads and garnish with reserved fennel fronds.