1/1 Photo of Blood Orange and Fennel Salad
Untried by me; posted in response to a request for fennel recipes :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a sharp knife to remove orange peel.
- 2Cut oranges into segments, removing all the white pith.
- 3Slice end from fennel and remove shoots from top (reserve shoots).
- 4If exterior of fennel bulb is marred or discoloured, peel with a vegetable peeler.
- 5Cut in half and thinly slice.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; then whisk in oil.
- 7Arrange fennel slices and orange segments on individual serving dishes.
- 8Drizzle dressing over salads and garnish with reserved fennel fronds.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blood Orange and Fennel Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 179.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar