Recipe by AmandaInOz
Serve with mixed greens, goats cheese, beets (red or golden) or raspberries. From the Organic Authority.
Top Review by kiwidutch
Very Different!, the blood orange gives depth of flavour that I liked a lot, the balsamic, thyme, shallot and almond flavours all bounced off each other in turn. We were somewhat divided about that. It's a more "unusual" vinaigrette and we are still working out if it needs to grow on us a little or if we just prefer our old favourites more. My first step in making it again would to use regular vinegar instead of the baslamic and to remove the zest becuase DH didn't love the texture so much. Please see my rating system: 3 lovely stars for a recipe where the general flavours ARE good, I think we just need to refine them to suit our personal tastes.Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blood orange juice
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon blood orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup almond oil
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring blood orange juice to a boil in medium saucepan. Lower heat to a simmer and reduce until you have 1/3 cup of blood orange juice.
- In a medium bowl, combine reduced blood orange juice, vinegar, shallot, thyme and blood orange zest.
- Slowly drizzle oils into mixture while whisking until combined and thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until needed.