Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe that I found online and haven't tried.
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 blood oranges, juice and zest of, grated
- 3 eggs
- 250 g almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease and double line sides and base of a 20cm springform cake tin.
- Place butter and sugar into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until
- pale and light.
- Add the grated rind of the oranges and pulse once or twice until blended through.
- Add the eggs one at a time, with the food processor running until the mixture is smooth.
- With the processor still running, add 125g of the almond meal.
- Add the blood orange juice, followed by the remaining 125g almond meal mixed with the baking powder.
- Turn the mixture out into the springform pan and bake for about an hour until the cake is cooked. Test with a metal skewer.
- The cake should not be overcooked as it should be very moist - almost a cross between a cake and a pudding.
- Serve with a mixture of equal parts double cream and fresh ricotta, sweetened with a little sugar and a splash of Cointreau.