Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These blondies are so good. The orange and almond extracts really give them a lovely flavor so I wouldn't leave them out if possible. I get the orange extract from a drug store. I had one that is called orange cream and it is wonderful. I got this recipe from a newspaper.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F; coat an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture is light and thick.
- Fold in the flour, then the butter and orange and almond extacts.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set and just golden at the edges.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before topping with the ganache.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the ganache, in the top of a double boiler, combine the chocolate chips and cream.
- Stir until melted and smooth.
- When the bars are slightly cooled, pour the ganache over the top and spread to the edges.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until the ganache has set up.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.