Recipe by dojemi
This recipe appears in the June 2010 issue of 'Food Network Magazine', courtesy of Guy Fieri host of 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives'.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 3 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened coconut (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Mist an 8" square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the borwn sugar and beat 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Fold in the hazelnuts, coconut and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool 20 minutes in the pan before slicing.