1/3 Photos of Blondies
This is an adopted recipe from the RecipeZaar account, and I am delighted to be the new owner of such a winning recipe. Enjoy! ZWT REGION: United States.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, more for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 ounces all-purpose flour (1 cup plus 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, scant
- 2 ounces coarsely chopped toasted pecans (3/4 cup)
- 1Position an oven rack on the middle rung.
- 2Heat the oven to 350°F.
- 3In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and brown sugar, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved.
- 4Cook, stirring, about 1 minute longer--the mixture will bubble but should not boil.
- 5Set the pan aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, butter an 8-inch square pan, line the pan bottom with parchment (or waxed paper), and then butter the parchment.
- 7Stir the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla into the cooled sugar mixture.
- 8Add the flour, salt, and nuts, stirring just until blended.
- 9Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 10Bake until the center is springy when touched (the top may still look doughy) and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (it's fine if there are a few moist crumbs clinging to it), 25 to 35 minutes.
- 11Set the pan on a rack until it's cool enough to handle.
- 12Run a paring knife around the inside edge of the pan and then invert the pan onto a flat surface and peel off the parchment.
- 13Flip the baked brownie back onto the rack to cool completely.
- 14Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- 15This recipe can be doubled easily; use a 13x9-inch pan and increase the baking time slightly.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blondies
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.7
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 50.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g