Recipe by Acerast
My family loves these chewy bars so much that a pan of them does not last very long in our home. They are from a Kitchenaid cookbook entitled "Great Baking and More." These yummy bars are so quick and easy to stir up and are great for dessert, snacks or lunch boxes. I have used pecans in place of the walnuts and M&Ms for the chocolate chips successfully. Feel free to add your favorite ingredients to this buttery base - it's a winner!
Top Review by tashadoerner
This recipe seemed to much like regular cookies, but I made it anyway. Followed the directions to a T, and yup, it was a giant cookie. Ended up cooking it longer then the recipe called for and it still wasn't done.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 29.58 ml butter
- 473.18 ml light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour (I prefer unbleached)
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 59.14 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all of the butter (1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons), brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Grease and flour an 9x13x2 inch baking pan.
- Press dough into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan before cutting.