Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves these chewy bars so much that a pan of them does not last very long in our home. They are from a Kitchenaid cookbook entitled "Great Baking and More." These yummy bars are so quick and easy to stir up and are great for dessert, snacks or lunch boxes. I have used pecans in place of the walnuts and M&Ms for the chocolate chips successfully. Feel free to add your favorite ingredients to this buttery base - it's a winner!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I prefer unbleached)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all of the butter (1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons), brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Grease and flour an 9x13x2 inch baking pan.
- Press dough into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan before cutting.
This recipe seemed to much like regular cookies, but I made it anyway. Followed the directions to a T, and yup, it was a giant cookie. Ended up cooking it longer then the recipe called for and it still wasn't done.
They are delicious and easy to makes! Everyone in my house love them.. Gone in a flash
Delicious, moist and chewy. Instead of mixing the chocolate chips into the batter, I sprinkle them over the top just before baking. Be sure to keep these in an airtight container.