Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves these chewy bars so much that a pan of them does not last very long in our home. They are from a Kitchenaid cookbook entitled "Great Baking and More." These yummy bars are so quick and easy to stir up and are great for dessert, snacks or lunch boxes. I have used pecans in place of the walnuts and M&Ms for the chocolate chips successfully. Feel free to add your favorite ingredients to this buttery base - it's a winner!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all of the butter (1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons), brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Grease and flour an 9x13x2 inch baking pan.
- Press dough into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan before cutting.
Delicious, moist and chewy. Instead of mixing the chocolate chips into the batter, I sprinkle them over the top just before baking. Be sure to keep these in an airtight container.
These are absolutely gorgeous! I have made them at least 4 times already for our boarding house boys and they were a big hit each time. I have made them with and without the nuts and once even with white chocolate instead of semi-sweet, turned out great! Thanks so much, acerast, for sharing this wonderful recipe, this one is definitely a keeper!