Recipe by Elcowgirl
I found this recipe in a magazine. I had heard about blondies but never knew what they were until I found this recipe.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spread pecans on baking pan and toast for 10 minutes. Pour into a bowl to cool.
- Butter a 9-inch square pan and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set the mixture aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and both sugars together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and continue beating.
- Fold in the semisweet chocolate chips and the toasted pecans.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture into the buttered pan. Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a baking rack. Once cool, cut into squares.