Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are my absolute favorite dessert! I first had these at a family reunion, and had to make them at home!
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄8 sticks cups unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pecans on a baking pan.
- Bake until toasted, 5-10 mins.
- Transfer pecans to a bowl to cool.
- Butter a 9 inch square cake pan, and set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine butter and sugars.
- Beat until light and fluffy, 2-3 mins, scraping sides occasionally, add eggs and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- add flour mixture, beat just until combined.
- Fold in butterscotch chips and pecans.
- Using spatula, spread batter into pan.
- Bake until golden brown or fork inserted into center comes our barely clean.
- 45-55 mins.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container up to 3 days.
This was not was I expecting, the batter was very thick and the finished product was more like a cake than a brownie.
I thought these blondies were wonderful. I used the chocolate chips. Also did not have unsalted butter and thought the salted worked fine. Found the edges seemed to be browning too quickly and covered them with foil about 30 min into baking. Thanks for a great recipe.
I liked these and so did everyone at work. I sprinkled powdered sugar on the top for a little decorative touch. Thanks!