Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Sunday newspaper's USA Weekend section May 19-21, 2006. This appears to have originally come from a cookbook by Pam Anderson. I have yet to try this one as it uses cake flour and unsalted butter which are two things I never have on hand.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups dried fruit or 3 cups coarsely chopped nuts or 3 cups chocolate chips
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position then heat to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Fit a 12x18 inch piece of heavy duty foil into the pan so you can use the foil overhang as a handle to pull baked blondies from the pan.
- Coat foil with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat butter and sugar in a large pan until bubbling hot.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk hot sugar mixture, then dry ingredients, into eggs.
- Stir in optional add-ins (if using chocolate, let batter cool slightly first).
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, then bake until blondies are just set, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for five minutes.
- Pull blondies from pan using foil handles and set on a wire rack.
- Cool completely before cutting into 24 pieces.