Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe while trawling through the food blogs one morning. A few tweaks later and bite-sized yumminess was emerging from my oven.
- 1 cup sweet butter
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line mini muffin pans with paper liners.
- Place the butter and 4 ounces white chocolate in a large bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until mixture is smooth. It takes my microwave about 90 seconds before I'm happy with the mixture.
- Stir in the brown sugar and the white sugar.
- Stir in the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Gradually stir in the flour.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Then, stir in the white chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Just as an aside, don't you love the fact that you don't need to use your mixer for this recipe, just stir, stir and stir.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pans.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- While the babies are baking, lick your spoon.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Then, remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
The recipe as is is extremely sweet and overly buttery. I think less white chocolate and less butter would go a long way.