Recipe by Nic
This is the last thing I want to taste before I die! It's the most fantastic sauce ever created for ice cream. The recipe comes from Nigella Lawson and I usually only make half the amount, which still serves 4. You can substitute the espresso for instant coffee powder - about 1-2 teaspoons, or add to taste. It needs to chill for about 2 hours.
- 2 1⁄4 cups heavy cream (500ml double cream)
- 8 ounces white chocolate (225g)
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a heavy based saucepan on the lowest heat possible with all the other ingredients.
- When the chocolate has melted, take the pan off the heat and whisk vigorously to thicken the sauce. (You can do this with a fork.).
- Pour the blonde mocha sauce into a bowl and when cool, stick it into the fridge for about 2 hours, you can do this the day before even.
- When you are ready, take it out of the fridge, give it a good stir and spoon over the ice cream.
- NOTE: I now make this in the microwave - put all ingredients into a glass bowl and nuke on low heat for 1-2 minutes (maybe more/less depending on your microwave) stirring every 30 seconds. Refridgerate when cool.