Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We had some white chili years ago that I had found a recipe for in a magazine somewhere and this is my re-creation of how I remember that chili tasting. It was a hit with the kids and my husband!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced into cubes
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Sauté the chicken breast, garlic, onion and green pepper in oil until chicken is cooked through.
- Rinse and drain beans/peas. Add beans, chicken broth, green chilis and seasonings to pot. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in enough flour until chili is thickened to desired consistency and add salt and pepper to taste. If chili is too thick, thin it out with more chicken broth.
- Serve hot.