Recipe by Iron Bloomers
These are super easy, makes a crowd pleasin' batch of moist chewy bars. Recipe given to me by a lady in South Carolina.
Top Review by Robyn from the desert
I think the phrase "packed brown sugar" may be misleading. I followed the recipe to the T and packed the sugar. The center of the brownies were not fully cooked and it was nearly like biting into brown sugar. I tried them again, using un-packed sugar and they cooked throughout. I used white chocolate chips in the first batch which were much better than the chocolate chips I used in the second batch. I served the brownies topped with a sauce made from caramel, butter and evaporated milk (heated in a saucepan) and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was very tasty. I will make this one again with less brown sugar and white chocolate chips. Thank you for posting this one.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb brown sugar (2 1/4 c packed)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a jelly roll pan with no-stick spray (10x15).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together dry ingredients (first 3); set aside.
- In large bowl combine brown sugar and oil till combined well; beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour mixture, chips and nuts; mix completely.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Test with toothpick.
- Careful not to over bake. Check at 35 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into squares and when cool store airtight.