Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are super easy, makes a crowd pleasin' batch of moist chewy bars. Recipe given to me by a lady in South Carolina.
- Spray a jelly roll pan with no-stick spray (10x15).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together dry ingredients (first 3); set aside.
- In large bowl combine brown sugar and oil till combined well; beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour mixture, chips and nuts; mix completely.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Test with toothpick.
- Careful not to over bake. Check at 35 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into squares and when cool store airtight.
I think the phrase "packed brown sugar" may be misleading. I followed the recipe to the T and packed the sugar. The center of the brownies were not fully cooked and it was nearly like biting into brown sugar. I tried them again, using un-packed sugar and they cooked throughout. I used white chocolate chips in the first batch which were much better than the chocolate chips I used in the second batch. I served the brownies topped with a sauce made from caramel, butter and evaporated milk (heated in a saucepan) and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was very tasty. I will make this one again with less brown sugar and white chocolate chips. Thank you for posting this one.
My 10 yr old's first attempt at baking,and she chose this recipe.They turned out fabulous!Fast and easy to make,with delicious flavor.Tasted like a toll house cookie only softer,more cakelike.Will make this one over and over again.Yummy!!!
Very easy and very good! Nice for those times when a 13 x 9 just won't quite be enough. I omitted the nuts and used 3 cups choc chips.