Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Golden brownies with pure brown sugar, butter and vanilla for a caramelesque, butterscotchy flavor. A super treat to tuck into lunch bags. Taken from the verybestbaking.com website. *Note: The recipe states 36 brownies, however, my yield was 48. These are really good! Also, for ease of removal, I lined my jelly roll pan with wax paper, and sprayed with Pam.*
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (may substitute margarine)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350° F; grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract; gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels; spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
Fabulous recipe ! These cooked well and had a marvellous chewie texture. As I had no choc chips I folded tiny diced dried apricots into batter and we all loved it. Shows great versatility and I cannot wait to do these again !
This is a great blonde brownie recipe! Simple ingredient list. Most cook's will have these item's on hand! Very tasty & great texture. Not super sweet just perfect!
These were tasty and simple to make! They make a wonderful snack with ingredients I always have on hand. Thank you for sharing.