Recipe by Witch Doctor
If you're feeling self-indulgent, these brownies make a fantastic sundae when topped with ice cream, hot fudge, and some chopped nuts. Garnish with fresh fruit.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
These brownies are to die for! Chocolate and hazelnut are two of my favorite things and then there's butter and brown sugar ~ don't think I need to say more! This recipe converted to gluten free extremely well. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped sweet baking chocolate (6 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts (or almonds)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan heat brown sugar and butter or margarine, stirring constantly till sugar dissolves. Remove pan from heat. Cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla. Beat slightly by hand just till combined. Stir in flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Spread batter in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate and hazelnuts or almonds.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35 minutes. Cut into bars while still warm; cool bars completely in pan.