Recipe by Rhonda O
One of my Favorites From MOM! I took these to work. I did not even get one!
Top Review by pasmaszek
I followed this recipe exactly as written except for 3 thing. I added a tsp of maple extract in additon to the vanilla extract. I use it in my cookies and thought it would be great as well in these. I also was short on brown sugar so I used 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup regular white sugar. I also tend to like my brownies thicker so I used a 9 x 9 pan and then of course had to let them bake about an additional 10 minutes. Here in Colorado in high altitude i have problems w/ my baked goods not staying as soft, but since these are naturally soft they have been easier to keep fresh. I have made blonde brownies before and used other recipes but these are by far the best ones I've ever made.
- 2⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt margarine.
- Add to sugar in bowl set aside.
- Beat eggs add to sugar & margarine.
- Sift together flour, baking soda,& saltAdd vanilla then nuts if used.
- Spread into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Cover these when you take them out of the oven.
- They will stay soft!