Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not a chocolate fan, so I really enjoy this recipe. They are very addicting! I believe this originally came from a small book on cookies and bar cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or any other flavor, ie chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter, etc.)
- Melt butter and then gently sitr until just mixed all ingredients except chips. Do not beat the mixture.
- Add chips.
- Place into greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Yum - I added walnuts, too.
Tasty little recipe. Super easy to make. I used 1 cup brown and 1/4 cup white sugar and only 1/2 cup white chips as suggested by other reviews. I also used 1/2 tsp almond extract and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract to add a little extra flavor. Next time I will put the batter in a 8" square pan for thicker brownies; these were a little thin for my preference.
I searched for blonde brownie recipes and picked this one. These are very easy to make. One bowl recipe. I made them exactly as shown, except I reduced chips to 1/2 cup, because I read another review that noted they were very sweet. The amount of chips were fine. I used mini butterscotch chips. I think I even liked them better the next day. Thanks for posting Joellen1972.