1/1 Photo of Blonde Ale Beer Brats and Cheddar Cheese Bisque
Chef #848413's Note:
Mission Street Blonde Ale is directly incorporated into the Bisque. Blonde Ale enhances a rich roasted malt flavor into the bisque.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lb sausage (Hillshire Farms Beer Brats, sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles ale (Mission Street Blonde, room temperature)
- 1 cup leek (Small Diced)
- 1/2 cup carrot (Small Diced)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream (Tempered)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (Grated)
- 1In a 5-quart Dutch oven add olive oil,1-tablespoon butter, bay leaves and Beer Brats. Saute over medium heat until Brats are brown. Add 2 ounces Mission Street Blonde Ale and reduce by half.
- 2Add 1-tablespoon butter,leeks and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Saute' vegetables 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, tomato paste and saute' for a minute.
- 3Add remaining butter and stir well until butter has melted. Stir in flour, mustard, paprika, cayenne pepper and cook vegetables 3-4 minutes.
- 4Gradually wisk in chicken stock, ale and cook 4-5 minutes or until bisque has thickened.
- 5Whisk warm cream, nutmeg and slowly bring to a full boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. Wisk a few times to prevent from burning. Remove bay leaves from bisque.
- 6Slowly fold in grated cheddar cheese. Season to taste with fine sea salt and white pepper taste. Serve Bisque in warm bowls.
- 7Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blonde Ale Beer Brats and Cheddar Cheese Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.8
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.1 g
- Saturated Fat 38.3 g
- Cholesterol 213.1 mg
- Sodium 1682.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 25.1 g