Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My neighbor makes these. I LOVE them. She was kind enough to pass the recipe along to me so I'm sharing it with all of you. I hope you enjoy them!
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, peeled diced and seeded (about 1 large)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use the hot water to melt the margarine.
- Add brown sugar & beat well.
- Add egg and vanilla beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to sugar mixture.
- Stir in zucchini & nuts.
- Pour mixture into greased & floured 9 x 9 inch pan, spinkle with butterscotch chips and bake 20-25 minutes.
OMG - these were SO good! Wonderful flavor - I fully expect these to be gone within 24 hours once my kids taste them! I used white chocolate chips since we don't buy butterscotch and I think that may have brought these over the top. I'd already had shredded zucchini, so I used that rather than the chunks. Just amazing - definitely a keeper!
These were very tasty, but my consistency was off. I cooked them a little longer than recommended, but they never completely firmed up. They stayed gooey, which I personally like, so I just ate them with a fork. Also, I did not seed or peel the zucchini, just diced it up. I definitely recommend that - no reason to spend time peeling and seeding.
wow, i am so excited to have found a zucchini recipe that doesn't require grating! i had my doubts about leaving it in chunks, but they melt into wonderful moist cookie-flavored bits--divine! i used 1/4 c smart balance, 3/4 c brown sugar (and i wouldn't want more--they are very sweet). Also, inspired by my Halloween treat bowl I used the following add-ins: 1 T chopped walnuts, 1 T mini-chocolate chips, and 5 mini Heath bars pounded small (just shy of 1/4 c). YUM. Thanks so much for posting!