Recipe by Chris from Kansas
Here's a different version of blond brownies that has toffee bits instead of chocolate chips. Delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup English toffee bits or 1 cup almond brickle chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in toffee bits.
- Spread evenly into a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 12 bars.
- Cut each bar diagnally to form triangles.