Recipe by Vamy
These are fantastic. My fav!
Top Review by jillybean1961
These are great--just what I was looking for--nice and CHEWY! And it is a good thing we like them. I printed a copy of the recipe, and somehow, it left off the first part of l/2 cup butter, and showed 2 cup butter. I was creaming the 2 cups butter with the sugars when I realized something wasn't right! :) Being the frugal woman I am, I times the recipe by four, to match the butter, and now have lots of Blond Toffee Brownies. By the way they freeze well. :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup English toffee bits or 1 cup almond brickle chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Srit in toffee bits.
- Spread evenly into a greased 13 X 9 X 2-in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on wore rack.
- Cut into bars.