Prep 4 mins
Cook 20 mins
easy and tasty
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup chopped candied cherry
- Butter sides and bottom of a heavy saucepot and combine the sugar, milk, cream, syrup, salt.
- Cook over medium heat stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Now do not stir anymore.
- Place on the candy thermometer to side of pan.
- Cook until temp.
- 238 degrees.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool until lukewarm.
- Add in the butter and vanilla.
- Beat well just until it begins to thicken and JUST starts to loose some gloss.
- Add cherries, and pour into a lightly buttered 9 x 7 inch pan.
- Score while warm.