Recipe by grandma2969
have not tried these yet..but want to some day...
Top Review by Carol F #3
I was happy with the texture and taste of the brownies. I suggest using a greased pan because they stick. The frosting instructions are missing the brown sugar, but they are moist and sweet enough to not need iced.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350* --
- Beat sugars, butter, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl on medium speed of mixer till light and fluffy --
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt --
- Spread in an ungreased 13 x 9" pan. and bake 20 -23 minutes or golden brown and toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.do not overbake.
- Cool completely --
- to prepare BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:.
- Melt butter in a 2 quart pan over low heat, then stir in brown sugar and cook over low heat 2 minutes -- stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk, and cook until mixture comes t a rolling boil --
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mixing well after each addition with a spoon.until smooth and spreadable.
- If necessary add more milk, a few drops at a time.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans after frosting.