Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, flaked
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Set aside. Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart sized wide mouth canning jar.
- Add flour mixture last. Press each layer firmly in place. Attach this message to jar: Butterscotch Brownies Empty jar of brownie mix into large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened at room temperature. Do not use DIET margarine. Mix in 2 eggs, slightly beaten and 2 tsps vanilla.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Spread batter into greased 13 X 9 inch metal pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 min.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan.
- Cut brownies into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Makes 2 doz.
- brown ies.
I gave these to My Mom and my Grandma as a gift and they said they turned out very yummy!!!Thanks for the recipe!