Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mother gave me this recipe from a Taste of Home magazine Tastes really good served with vanilla ice cream and pecans..
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
MAPLE CREAM SAUCE
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well afer each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- FOR SAUCE:.
- Combine syrup and butter and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in milk.
- Cut brownies into squares, cut in half if desired.
- Place on dessert plates with a scoop of ice cream.
- Top with sauce, sprinkle with pecans.