My mother gave me this recipe from a Taste of Home magazine Tastes really good served with vanilla ice cream and pecans..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
MAPLE CREAM SAUCE
- 1In mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well afer each addition.
- 3Beat in vanilla.
- 4Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 5Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- 6Spread into a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- 7Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 8Cool on a wire rack.
- 9FOR SAUCE:.
- 10Combine syrup and butter and stir for 3 minutes.
- 11Remove from the heat, stir in milk.
- 12Cut brownies into squares, cut in half if desired.
- 13Place on dessert plates with a scoop of ice cream.
- 14Top with sauce, sprinkle with pecans.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blond Brownies a La Mode
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.5
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 237.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g