Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe in a collection of Canadian favourite tested recipes in "Country Cooking". Would be great to take to a potluck or family gathering. Submitted by Lillian Fitzmaurice, Viking Alta.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) canred chili beans, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (sweet hot best)
- In a large cooking pot brown beef and drain fat.
- Add onions and celery, cooking until tender.
- Add soup, tomato paste and ketchup, simmering for 15- 20 minutes.
- Transfer this mixture to a large roaster and add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Bake, covered at 350 degF for about an hour.
- Serve hot.