Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
I like this easy recipe to give out as gifts. It is sort of in the line of a "Chex Mix" but it is white (hence the white chips). The caramels and white chocolate chips as a sweet taste to the saltiness of the peanuts and pretzels. It is crunchy and goes quickly!
- 2 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup caramel, coarsely chopped (about 20)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (12-oz)
- Spray a 13"x9" baking pan with Pam.
- Combine cereal, pretzels, peanuts and caramels in large bowl.
- Microwave white chocolate chips for l minute.
- Microwave an additional 10-12 seconds stirring until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture.
- Stir to coat evenly.
- Spread mixture into baking pan and let stand 20-30 minutes.
- Break into pieces.
I made a few changes, but it was still yummy!! I used Corn Chex, pretzels, peanuts, and dried cherries. I didn't have any caramels, so I subbed the cherries for the chew. :O) I LOVED the crunch of the chex with the chocolate on them, so next time I will simply do Chex, cherries, and caramels. Mmmmmm . . . that sounds AWESOME!!!
Made this for a give-away treat for Christmas. Made both white and milk chocolate variations. We liked the white best. The milk chocolate was a little too sweet. Thanks for your recipe. I intend to make this again. Happy cooking (and eating :))
This was a great snack recipe for the kids! I made this for my DD birthday party and all of her friends loved it! I had 19 kids over so I tripled the recipe. But I made one following the recipe exact and two batches using milk chocolate instead of the white. Thanks for a great recipe Kat