Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was searching around for Christmas ideas and came across this one from organize Christmas site. Thought I would share it with you. NOTE: You'll need quart size jar and a snack size food baggie and a large enough tag to write instructions on. This makes 1 jar gift
- 1 cup Rice Chex
- 1 cup pretzel, bites
- 1⁄2 cup planter's dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup dried pineapple
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Layer cereal, pretzels, peanuts, cranberries and dried pineapple in a quart-sized canning jar.
- Add white chocolate chips inside food storage bag, and place on top of layered ingredients.
- Seal jar.
- Attach preparation instructions on the gift tag.
- Remove white chocolate chips from jar.
- Empty remaining jar contents into a large mixing bowl.
- Place white chocolate chips in a double boiler and let melt. NOTE: if mixture is to thick you can add 1 teaspoons of shortening to make it thin.
- Pour melted white chocolate chips over snack mixture.
- Stir until well coated.
- Spread mixture on wax paper and allow to cool.
- Break mix into small pieces, and store in air-tight storage container.