Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 6 medium apples (Tart)
- 2 medium lemons, Juiced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, Divided (Do not put the egg yolks together as they will be used individually.)
- 1⁄2 lemon, Juiced And Peel Grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, Unbleached
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon butter, To Grease Cake Pan
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Peel apples, cut in half and core.
- Cut decorative lengthwise slits in apples, about 1/2-inch deep.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and sugar.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- One at a time, beat in egg yolks.
- Gradually beat in lemon juice and grated peel.
- Sift baking powder and flour together.
- Gradually add to batter.
- Blend in milk and rum.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into batter.
- Generously grease a springform pan.
- Pour in batter and top with apple halves.
- Brush apples with oil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.