Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
a swedish light dessert. easy to make for special occasions.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- Cream butter and suar.
- Beat egg yolks into milk and stir in flour, baking soda, powder and vanilla.
- Spread into 2 9 inch pans.
- beat egg whites and cream of tar tar until stiff.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Fold in nuts and spread over batter.
- Bake at 325 dgrees for 40 minutes.
- Let cool and layer with vanilla pudding.
The cake itself did not yield the same result as I was hoping to, I have tried this cake years ago and have been searching for it ever since.