Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Blitz Kuchen or Lightning Cake was always one of grandma's fast and easy standbys when we stopped in for a visit.
- Cream sugar and butter, add egg yolks.
- Sift flour with baking powder, add alternately with milk, add vanilla.
- Beat 4 egg whites until stiff.
- Add sugar to egg whites and whip until it stands in peaks.
- Put batter in 2 greased layer cake pans.
- Pile meringue on top of each layer and sprinkle with coconut or chopped nuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.