Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Strange idea but the cake is lovely & sweet & the beetroot keeps the cake really moist.
Make and share this Blitz & Bake Beetroot & Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 175 g cooked beetroots, roughly chopped
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 250 g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200 ml sunflower oil
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Heat the oven to 190c/fan170c/gas . Tip the beetroot into a blender & blitz until chopped. Add a pinch of salt & the rest of the ingredients, expect the oil & chocolate. When completely mixed (you may need to scrape the sides down once or twice), add the oil in a steady steam as if you were making mayonnaise.
- When all the oil has been added, stir in the chocolate, then tip the mix into a lined 900g loaf tin. Cook for 1 hr until a inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave the loaf on a rack to cool.