Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Chili and kaffir lime ice is addictive--beware! Here I have served it with peaches. In the summer I like it mixed with lemonade and vodka or tequila is ALWAYS good in it.
For the peaches
- 4 peaches, halved and stoned
- 2 tablespoons dark muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 30 g butter, softened
For the ice
- 5 limes, kaffir if possible
- 2 small hot chili peppers, split and deseeded
- 190 g icing sugar, sieved
- 450 ml creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the rind from 2 of the limes and juice all five.
- Place the rind, juice, chillies and sugar in a bowl and mix. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chillies and beat in the creme fraiche. Spoon into a lidded container and freeze - no need to stir. When ready to serve allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the peaches with allspice and sugar and smear with butter. Grill until sugar is brown and bubbly.