Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another combo of several favorite recipes. This is a frequent request for football games and we just can't eat it fast enough it is so good.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 2 -4 chicken breasts, boiled & shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, ribboned
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese (use a mix for best results)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemons or 1⁄4 teaspoon lime juice
- jalapeno, to taste (I use 4 from jar of sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, jalepenos, garlic and pour 3/4 of sauce to coat shredded chicken.
- Line cookie sheet with chips and preheat oven to 250.
- If preparing fresh salsa, combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- Top chips with shredded chicken and bake for 5-10 mins to heat thru.
- In saucepan melt butter and add flour and mix well.
- Add in 1/2 of milk and all cheese stirring constantly.
- Add more milk as needed until desired conisistency- should be like a cheese sauce.
- Remove chips from oven, drizzle cheese sauce all over and remaining soy/sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle with green onion and serve salsa on side.
- Serve immediately.
I made this for dinner for my boyfriend and I lastnight. We enjoyed it. I only gave it three stars though because the recipe is not very specific. It was a little too salty and I love salt. Try using a low sodium soy sauce. If you are only using two chicken breasts you do not need that much soy/sugar sauce. It needed quite a bit more milk then what it called for to make a cheese sauce and I thought that putting the remaining soy/sugar sauce directly on the chips would make them soggy so I added a bit of it to the cheese sauce which turned ouot great. By the way. the soy/sugar sauce would make a delish marinade for any chicken dish. Thank you for posting this unique way to making some tasty nachos